(Now, I think this is the topic I can talk the most about, or, well, as much as 300 words would allow me.)
Okay, I've been holding back very
colourful words since the beginning of the first article. It's just that I've been warned not to post something I wouldn't want my grandma seeing (not that she would buuuttt), so I won't type them up. Words alone are not enough for this CEO.
 |
| The 'cool' kids? Not in 25-30 years |
A line between the 'cool' kids and the 'losers' has long been drawn, leading to bullying, exclusion, ostracising, and a lot more horrible things teens shouldn't really go through at all. Abercrombie only makes this line clearer and the gap wider. Here, it just basically says in big, bold, black letters that
IF YOU'RE NOT COOL, THEN YOU CAN'T WEAR COOL CLOTHES (well, Abercrombie & Fitch's anyway). It sets a standard. I mean, I wasn't even that mad (well, okay, I was) until I came to the part where I learned that the brand would rather
burn damaged clothes than donate it to the homeless. It's not even exclusion anymore; it's just plain mean. Millions of people in the world are in dire need of clothing and you're worried about the image it gives your brand if you give your clothes to them (It's not even giving; it's just if they, somehow, got into the homeless' hands)? Seriously, what is wrong with the CEO of this brand?
I understand that clothing brands have targets (they all do), but what makes it unfair with A&F is that is actually, purposely excludes people not deemed
worthy of their clothes. They are not making life easier for people. 'Beauty' in our society is already unbelievably unachievable enough. Of course, when it comes to beauty, one thing we should always,
always keep in mind is that beauty only skin deep wouldn't last forever. What matters is on the inside, and however we are, we are beautiful and we are perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment